Friday, February 15, 2008

Somebody New

I don't have very exciting birds at my feeder. Mostly I have just blue jays, sparrows and juncos (plus the pheasants taking refuge in the trees). The pesky squirrels do not count as birds but do count for entertainment value. This year has been exceptional for birds with a pair of downy woodpeckers and one hairy woodpecker who have been around all winter.

But today I saw a nuthatch! He's so cute I want him to live here forever.

Nuthatch


You know I didn't take this picture because if I had the background would be white from the damn snow. The little bugger wouldn't let me picture him.

My mom called today and I was thrilled to give my new bird report. While I was talking to her a wild turkey walked up into her yard.

1 comment:

Gwen said...

My grandma has several wild turkeys that regularly come up into the yard and look for stuff to eat.

Nuthatches are adorable--I love them.