Thursday, January 15, 2009

A Poem

I got a forward today that I enjoyed because the sentiment within was oh, so true. Well, mostly true. The winds were not 70 mph today (yesterday they were 40) but if the actual temperature does not get above -11, WTF does it matter? Cold is cold.

It's winter in Iowa
And the gentle breezes blow
Seventy miles an hour
At twenty-five below.

Oh, how I love Iowa
When the snow's up to your butt.
You take a breath of winter
And your nose gets frozen shut.

Yes, the weather here is wonderful
So I guess I'll hang around.
I could never leave Iowa
'Cause I'm frozen to the ground!


I really am frozen to the ground because my trusty Subaru would not start today. Not even after the wonderful neighbor came over to jump it. We messed with it for over half an hour til my fingers and toes were frozen. Wonderful Neighbor told me that it is supposed to warm up tonight and by midnight the temps will be above zero. One can only dream.... And surf the internet.... And write blog posts....

No comments: