Sunday, May 03, 2009

I Made Dirt!

And I couldn't be happier about it. Here is my beautiful compost.


My compost



I don't think peach pits ever break down. The pile was full of them. There were egg shell pieces in there, too. I think I'm going to start smashing the egg shells up before I add them to the pile. I also found lots of squash seeds, but they were just shells. I love my new dirt!

The weather has been fantastic the last couple of days. The goldfinches have returned to my little corner of the prairie and are fighting over their feeders. Any day now I now the orioles will return. In the mean time, this little varmint sneaks out to clean up. His cheeks are stuffed.


Varmint

5 comments:

H said...

You made SOIL!

pj said...

Are you happy for my accomplishment or nitpicking semantically? It's really hard to tell.

Hannita said...

i wanna make dirt! that's pretty awesome pj.

Captain Crab said...

"Don't Treat Your Soil Like Dirt".

Jodi the extension agronomist in Minnesota

pj said...

It's MINE. I made it. I'll treat it any way I want!