Sunday, August 24, 2008

A Pictorial Review of My Big Adventure

I spent the greater part of my great escape at H's. This is one of the first sights / sounds I experienced there. I didn't think I'd be able to sleep at night but my brain must have treated the planes overhead like the trains that rumble by our place. They didn't bother me at all.



I spent much of time at H's on her elevated deck, spying on the neighbors and looking into the trees.



And I got to spend time with my grandkitties. In this picture it is my precious Trixie who is being naughty and naughty Bella who is being shy.



On my second night we ventured into St. Paul. H drove, of course. Until we drove by this, I had no idea that the Republican National Convention was being held there. Now that I know where it is being held, I know where I am NOT going to be until the red dust settles.





This had no interest for me either. Star Wars stopped being fun for me after they started making prequels.



We eventually parked and went to Garrison Keillor's book store, Common Good Books. This is a backdrop for some scenes from Chasing Windmills in which Hulles is a star. Follow the Hulles link to find CW.



I loved this part of St. Paul. I want H to make tons and tons of money and buy a mansion here with room for me. H in the city:



One night we took the light rail to to Minneapolis. I wish I would have been braver with my camera and taken pictures of the Viking freaks fans. But alas and alack, I have no pictures of the trains, station, riders, or people waiting to board.

We walked to the heart of Minneapolis. This has to be the heart, because here is Mary Tyler Moore. Only I don't think it looks a thing like her.









As we passed this sculpture in front of a church, a kid whispered to his parents, "They're naked!"















There are other things I wish I would have photographed. Like the swallows nesting in the liquor store sign (for Captain Crab), the brat at the light rail station shoving paper into the credit card slot of the automatic ticket machine, the sign at the station about holding on to your children and keeping them away from the edge of the platform, the same brat hanging her toes over the edge of the platform, and the woman in the liquor store wearing a tube top made from a pair of men's jockey shorts. And to think I was worried about what to wear in the city.

4 comments:

goblinbox said...

That statue looks absoLUTEly nothing like her. Sheeit.

Nice pictoral, I feel like I went with you!

pj said...

Thanks, Mush, for the vindication. H thinks the statue looks exactly like MTM. We were at odds on this.

Hulles said...

Cool photos! Sorry I missed you.

pj said...

Hulles! You're still alive! And back to reading blogs to boot. Can't wait for you to write.