Friday, June 01, 2007

Waiting for the Storm

Waiting for the storm is something I've done twice today. The first time was this morning. I expected lightning strikes to take out my desktop while I proofed a poster that I had designed. It is being printed (and changed dramatically) by a beer distributor. Phone calls and emails had to be made, another proof looked at... Dial-up is really painful sometimes.

Another storm came through late this afternoon. The radar indicated it was bearing down on me. Weather weenie that I am, I monitor the radar constantly. When I saw this one coming, I shut down the computer and sat on the front stoop and waited for it to hit. It took it's sweet time.

I played with the snot-nosed cat (technically not mine -- like the rabbit). I picked a couple of peonies. And I took photos. The storm was short and sweet.

Teeny Town waits for the storm

Waiting


I have different colored eyes!

Felix, the snot nosed cat


Peonies against the storm

Peonies

3 comments:

goblinbox said...

That cat is so cute I can barely stand it!

pj said...

Yes, he is unbearably cute when he is so hungry for love he drapes himself around my shoulders like a living cat stole. He also covers every surface he is near (imagine a face) with his snot. Not so cute then.

Hannita said...

felix is quite cute. and the peony makes me happy and sad all at the same time. but oh so pretty.